Account Manager, Publisher Sales (Smaato)
United States, New York, New YorkSmaato
Verve Group has created a more efficient and privacy-focused way to buy and monetize advertising. Verve Group is an ecosystem of demand and supply technologies fusing data, media, and technology together to deliver results and growth to both advertisers and publishers–no matter the screen or location, no matter who, what, or where a customer is. With 22 offices across the globe and with an eye on servicing forward-thinking advertising customers, Verve Group’s solutions are trusted by more than 90 of the United States’ top 100 advertisers, 4,000 publishers globally, and the world’s top demand-side platforms. Verve Group is a subsidiary of Media and Games Invest (MGI).
Smaato’s digital ad tech platform is a completely omnichannel, self-serve monetization solution and ad server. Our controls make monetization simple. Publishers can bring their first-party data and manage all inventory in one place. Marketers get access to the highest-quality inventory so they can reach audiences around the world and on any device. Smaato is headquartered in San Francisco, with additional offices in Hamburg, New York City, Beijing and Singapore. Learn more at www.smaato.com.
As an Account Manager, Publisher Sales, you will be managing a portfolio of key accounts Americas region along with building your book of clients by new business development. You will be responsible for building relationships and maximizing monetization opportunities for Publishers (app developers & publishers with inApp, web, video & OTT inventory). In this hybrid role, you will be working closely with the global sales team to grow your book of business by optimizing and upselling to existing clients as well as closing new business opportunities. While key account management will be your area of focus, you will also close new business relationships with the targeted accounts. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with several teams globally.
You will become an expert and the go-to person for any questions related to our digital advertising platform and all product features. Smaato has become a leader in industry knowledge and we advise partners on industry-wide topics.
Driven by meeting and exceeding revenue goals and ensuring a pipeline of upsell opportunities, the ideal candidate would have excellent interpersonal skills and an entrepreneurial mindset. You have success stories to tell about your ability to think strategically and analytically about business and about having built and conveyed compelling value propositions.
What You’ll Do
- Build a trusted relationship with our partners and conduct regular calls, offering and ensuring an open line of constant communication
- Analyze assigned accounts & KPIs to identify further revenue opportunities and suggest & optimize the accounts to their full potential
- Target and close business relationships with newly identified accounts
- Provide partners with custom reports and hosting Quarterly Business Reviews
- Present quarterly strategy to regionally sales teams and leadership
- Analyze revenue and performance data using internal dashboards on a daily basis to ensure targets are on track and to proactively provide solutions if targets are missed or projected to be off
- Meet and exceed revenue sales goals, ensuring a pipeline of upsell opportunities
- Clearly communicate to internal teams regarding revenue opportunities and executing on them in a timely fashion
- Bachelor’s Degree and 2+ years of previous account management & sales experience at a digital / web / online advertising / media company, ideally with solid understanding of advertising terminologies including pricing structures (CPA, CPC, CPM, etc.)
- Proactive, autonomous go-getter who prioritizes tasks independently and takes ownership
- Excellent written and verbal communication, and the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of an organization
- Proven ability to analyze and optimize opportunities to maximize ROI
- Capable of prioritizing tasks in a timely fashion and switch gears on the fly
- Comfortable dealing with clients in a professional manner, including presentations and hosting conference calls
What we offer:
- Unlimited PTO
- 12 paid holidays
- 3 wellness/ social responsibility days
- 401(k) Retirement plan with company match
- Comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance
- Parental Leave Policy
- Employee Assistance Program
- FSA & Commuter Benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Identity Theft Protection
- Wellness Reimbursement Program
- Learning and Development Stipend
- Work Travel Program
- English/ German Language Classes
Verve Group/Smaato provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. The salary range for this position is 80-90K base + 20K target bonus. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.