Smaato - Staff Engineer (Java/Backend)
India, Mahārāshtra, PuneEngineering
The Publisher Team at Smaato is looking for skilled and passionate Java Software Engineers. As part of the team, you will work on the application platform that is the core to the publishers. We have a lot of publishers using this platform directly with the classic UI which is a self service platform. Our ultra efficient exchange is capable of processing more than 30 billion Ads requests daily. Our exchange uses configurations created by the publisher for making decisions at runtime. We are one of the biggest AWS users with a presence in four different regions. If you want your code to make an impact this is the place to be.
This position would be reporting to the Director of the department.
This is a hands-on engineering position.
What You’ll Do
- Design, develop and test your solutions for the ad platform(s) following Agile based requirements.
- Proactively identifies cross-stack, cross-team and cross-project dependencies and solutions
- Estimate and divide your stories sensibly, show ownership during the e2e software development lifecycle and assure the delivery of agile team commitments.
- Own the deployment and operation of your software in AWS. E2E ownership is necessary. It is a complete lifecycle from getting requirements to deployment of code, testing your code to supporting the code in production. You would own everything.
- Build software to pass automated acceptance tests using the latest technology.
- Share responsibility for all team deliverables and advocate a constant communication with Product Managers, Engineering teams and Sales Engineering to ensure cross-departmental alignment.
- Defines, evangelizes and leads complex cross-stack, cross-team and cross-project initiatives successfully
- As a true team player, you engage positively within your agile team and document your process in Confluence.
- Effective and efficient with significant context switching
- Community: Voluntarily plays an active role in one or more open source projects
What We’ll Need
- 8+ years of strong experience in Java 8/11 and object-oriented software architectures
- Experience with frameworks such as Spring Framework, hibernate.
- Knowledge of AWS services like EC2, S3, Lambda, CloudFormation
- Work experience in containers, e.g. Docker and EKS
- Experience with networking, API Design and REST services
- Knowledge of Git/Bitbucket, Maven, Jenkins, Jira and Confluence
- Work experience in distributed high performance web applications
- Database experience on RDBMS and NoSQL systems (e.g. DynamoDB, Redis)
- Full business proficiency in English is required.
- Experience in AdTech is a plus.
- Experience working in a product company is a plus.